Have you considered hiring an agency to develop strategies, campaigns, activations and the like? We hear it often, the conundrum between hiring an agency and hiring an internal team. Oftentimes, it ends up as a hybrid approach where you hire an agency who becomes an extension of a small, nimble internal team. This works well because the agency delivers expertise on lead gen, strategy, campaigns, social media, email, etc. but your internal team provides the much-needed expertise and insider view of your business, product/service. Talk about a powerful partnership!
If you’re wondering if an agency is right for your business, consider these Top 10 Reasons to Hire a Digital Marketing Agency:
- Focus On Your Business – You’re an expert at the service/product you offer and that’s the most important thing to focus on, your business and expertise. Setting up an internal team can be quite time-consuming, and an agency can come in handy to lift this burden off your shoulders. You don’t want to spend months interviewing, hiring and training an internal team when that time can otherwise be used for growing your business from the inside. With an agency, you simply need to share your goals and their timeframe.
- Get Expert Help – Just like you know your business backwards, forwards, inside and out, agencies know their business that well too. Instead of spinning your wheels trying to figure out Facebook, Instagram, Canva, etc. – let an agency expert manage this for you.
- Grow On Any Budget – When evaluating whether or not to hire a digital marketing agency, many businesses compare the cost of an in-house team to the price of the agency. You’ll be surprised to learn that an agency is much less costly over time. Agencies work as independent contractors, so you eliminate the need for payroll taxes. You also cut the recurring costs of having full-time employees such as benefits, health care costs, and salaries. Also, many of the tools you need to run digital marketing campaign come at a hefty one-time payment or subscriptions. Most reputable agencies, like Dekaf Digital, have the essential digital marketing tools, so you won’t need to spend a dime to get one.
- Scale quickly and easily – Hiring a digital marketing agency is your best bet for scalability. If you hire an internal team, you’ll need to increase the size of your team whenever your business needs grow, or you want to launch something new. This means that your business will need additional resources to support and fuel the growth. With an agency, there are no constraints on your current team and no need to expand your team. They offer several plans and packages that best suit your business size. Having a scalable and flexible agency is important, especially when you’re targeting a new market.
- Results, results, results – No business wants to make investments that bring no results. With so many options in the digital marketing landscape, it can be difficult to know the real ROI. However, an agency helps by determining the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which figure out how your marketing campaigns are performing in relation to your objectives. They also identify the important metrics to follow across different channels to determine the effectiveness of each campaign. You’ll also get monthly or quarterly reports on your campaigns and/or dashboards to assist you in making sound marketing decisions.
- Embrace Storytelling – An in-house marketing team works tirelessly to promote your products and services. While this is happening, your digital marketing agency is busy defining and spreading your brand’s message across different channels and platforms through storytelling and cohesive content calendars. Storytelling involves creating compelling messages and creative that connects and resonates with the target audience.
- Creative Juggernauts – Digital marketing requires tough skills, time, patience, and tireless labor to be effective. Hiring a digital marketing agency will solve all of the above problems. You will be working with people who have mastered the art of online marketing, especially creative talent. The days of stock photography and Canva-created social media posts or ads are gone and in are the times of animation, video and eye-catching creative.
- Clear, Concise Management – In any partnership, communication is essential. Smooth communication and quality management are key positives of any reputable agency. This includes regular meetings with your account manager, expert insights, on-demand access to talent (via Instant Message or Email) and a quality approach to managing your account. Here at Dekaf Digital, we use Harvest to ensure you’re receiving the work you’re paying for, Asana to track all components of your account and Google Data Studio/Supermetrics to provide results and insights. The right agency will value your feedback and collaboration.
- Gather New Ideas – In digital marketing, as with all marketing, it’s important to note that not all things will work for you. Some can offer disappointing results while others can be quite useful. An agency will give you great ideas on what techniques will give you results (saving you time and money from experimenting yourself). For example, when it comes to social media, a digital marketing agency will identify what platform(s) your target audience is active on and what content appeals to them most.
- Stay Relevant in the Market – All businesses know that research is important before launching any campaign. Learning about the industry, your competitors and the latest marketing practices in your segment is essential. The good news is that industry-relevant marketing practices are an expertise of agencies. Here at Dekaf Digital, we start with data on your competitors and audience and use it to build your strategies and campaigns to ensure the adopted marketing strategies yield the maximum results possible.
Digital marketing has the power to grow your business faster than most marketing techniques. Hiring a digital marketing agency allows you to get started with your campaigns almost immediately. You don’t need to navigate the learning curve or set up a team.
Start by first understanding your needs and sharing them with the agency. Digital campaigns work best when brands partner in the truest sense of the word.
Do you have questions on digital marketing? Feel free to contact us.