Whether you’re developing your strategy for 2020, or revising an already developed strategy due to the current market, these 10 digital marketing statistics will help inform and shape your direction. These 10 Stats are ones that every digital marketer needs to know in 2020.
digital advertising is increasingly competitive
1. Global ad spend will reach $6.5 Billion in 2020, a 4.2% increase from 2019 (Source: The Drum)
2. By 2020, businesses will spend $110 billion on digital advertising in the US. This means that businesses will spend more on digital advertising in the US in 2020 than on TV and print ads combined. (Source: eMarketer).
3. The average cost per action (CPA) is $49 for paid search and $75 for display ads. These numbers help illustrate how competitive digital advertising can be for many industries. (Source: WordStream).
social media in the billions
4. Global social media ad spend reached $84 billion in 2019, marking the first year that social media spend outperformed print ad spend (Source: Zenith Media).
5. In 2019, US LinkedIn ad spend reached $1.02 billion. This is a 40% growth in ad spend since 2016. LinkedIn is quickly becoming a preferred advertising channel for B2B marketers (Source: eMarketer).
6. In 2019, US Facebook ad spend reached $25.56 billion. This represents a 107% increase from 2016. Facebook has weathered it’s share of controversy and is still going strong. (Source: eMarketer).
omnichannel delivers stronger results
7. Omnichannel campaigns saw an 18.96% engagement rate, while single-channel saw only a 5.4% engagement rate. Consumers own more devices and bounce between channels during the purchasing process. Marketers need to keep this in mind as they develop their campaigns (Source: ClickZ).
8. Omnichannel campaigns produce a 250% higher rate of purchase frequency than do single-channel campaigns. (Source: ClickZ).
9. Customer retention rates are 90% higher for omnichannel campaigns than for single-channel campaigns. Customers are more loyal to brands that engage with them across channels (Source: ClickZ).
10. 80% of consumers say they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers personalized experiences. Now that’s a case for personalization. (Source: Instapage).